Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Lost in Translation

I've always been wary of people who talk too much.. Frankly, they take too long to put their pooint forward, simple as it may be. To make matters worse, they assume that the first language they used was a bit too hard for you to understand.. so they decide to translate for you. Normally, I would appreciate the effort, only if you are using a language I can't even construct a sentence in.. Kind of like selling you a car, and the tires separately.

Now, this fellow accosts me and tells me, "Kati, now, i need you to tolerate with me peku town, anti this journey is insobokable without your giganormous input." and a couple of other things which evaded my conscience. So, I told him, "You woke up, and somehow miraculously expected to find me and have me accompany you on your errands, and even fund your journey?! You have a lot of nerve!" To which he replied, "Anti the guy I want to spot has my stuff naye he banje's me.."

3 comments:

  1. He he he he the Uganda English

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed..Actually took me a while before I understood what the broad was saying.. Of course I helped him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. English was never a first love..

    ReplyDelete